A couple of sales in my portfolio recently as I try to align my portfolio closer to what I think is better for long term growth.
I sold and closed my positions in:
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI). Loss = 26%
- I’ve held KMI for a long time and held through the rough patch the company went through a few years ago. However, my capital is not only stagnant, but losing value by staying invested in this dog of a company/industry. So, decided to cut my losses & exit.
- Bond portfolio: Sold off most of my bond holdings after some good gains, thanks to continued depression of interest rates.
- Vanguard Total Bond Market Index ETF (BND). Gain = 8.3%
- Vanguard Emerging Markets Bond Fund (VWOB). Gain = 23.5%
- BMO Emerging Market Bond CAD Hedged ETF (ZEF.TO). Gain = 16%
Full Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.