The following holdings in our investment portfolio constitute the Roadmap2Retire. Majority of our investments yield dividends and distributions providing us with passive income which is reinvested back, when applicable.
Our goal with the holdings is to own great companies and earn profits periodically as business owners; instead of actively trading stocks in growth-focused companies where profits are unrealized until an investment is exited.
Our investment portfolio is divided into various brokerage accounts including RRSPs, TFSAs and non-registered accounts. All US stocks, funds and ADRs are held in RRSP accounts in order to take advantage of the tax treaty between Canada and US.
We divide our portfolio into three different categories:
- Dividend Growers: Stocks and funds which have a track record of increasing their dividends year after year. Stocks in this category normally yield 2-6% and have a dividend growth rate of 4-25%.
- High Income: Stocks and funds which have a relatively higher yield and do not usually increase dividends every year. Stocks and funds in this category normally yield 4-7%.
- Index Funds: The funds may or may not yield but track an index to take advantage of a broader market’s rise. Funds that we hold yield 1-4%.
- Agrium Inc (AGU.TO)
- Amgen Inc (AMGN)
- Apple Inc (AAPL)
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- AT&T Inc (T)
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO)
- Canadian National Railway (CNR.TO)
- Chevron Corp (CVX)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- Magna International Inc (MG.TO)
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN)
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI)
- Power Corporation of Canada (POW.TO)
- Qualcomm Inc (QCOM)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- The Jean Coutu Group Inc (PJC.A.TO)
- Thomson Reuters (TRI.TO)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO)
- Wells Fargo & Co (WFC)
- RioCan REIT (REI.UN.TO)
- iShares Canadian Financial Monthly Income Fund (FIE.A.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- BMO S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF (ZCN.TO)
- Vanguard FTSE All World Ex-Canada Index ETF (VXC.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO Equal Weight Utilities Index ETF (ZUT.TO)
- IAMGold Corp (IMG.TO)
Our portfolio is diversified as shown in the chart below.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for educational purposes only. All opinions here are my personal opinions and should not be taken as financial advice. I am not qualified to be a financial advisor. Always consult with your financial advisor before investing in any of the companies mentioned on this blog.