Welcome to our monthly passive income update for Mar 2020. This is part of the scorecard series where I track our dividends and other sources of passive income. I also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the overall progress.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of Mar 2020 was CAD$1,717.03, which comprised of US$197.66 and CAD$1,438.33 (exchange rate is US$1 = CAD$1.41).
A new personal best thanks to options income 🙂
The change for the month is 58.22% QoQ and 190.82% YoY for the month. This brings our passive income YTD to $3,303.65 and achieves 33% of our annual goal of earning $10K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO)
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP.UN.TO)
- Canadian Utilities Ltd (CU.TO)
- Franco Nevada Corp (FNV.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- S&P Global Inc (SPGI)
- 2 STO covered calls on Kirkland Lake Gold (KL.TO) – see details here
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO EM CAD Hedged Bond ETF (ZEF.TO)
- Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF (BND)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- Vanguard REIT Index ETF (VNQ)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
That’s all folks! Hope you had a decent March in the midst of the market turmoil. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.