Welcome to our monthly passive income update for Feb 2020. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the overall progress.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of Feb 2020 was CAD$753.84, which comprised of US$419.20 and CAD$192.11 (exchange rate is US$1 = CAD$1.34).
The change for the month is -15.48% QoQ and 48.08% YoY. This brings our passive income to $1,586.61 YTD and achieves 15.86% of our annual goal of $10K in passive income.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO EM CAD Hedged Bond ETF (ZEF.TO)
- Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF (BND)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $458.35 and other passive income totaled $295.49.
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO) announced a 5.04% raise
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO) announced a 12.5% raise
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP.UN.TO) announced a 6.96% raise
- Ferrari NV (RACE) announced a 9.7% raise
- FirstService Corp (FSV.TO) announced a 10% raise
- Kirkland Lake Gold (KL.TO) announced a 108.3% raise
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO) announced a 6.75% raise
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- Alphabet Inc (GOOGL)
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO)
- FirstService Corp (FSV.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI) *DRIP*
- S&P Global Inc (SPGI) #1 & #2
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund) *DRIP*
- US Equity & International Equity Index Mutual Funds
- Vanguard REIT ETF (VNQ)
- iShares Growth ETF Portfolio (XGRO.TO)
You can track the options activity via tracking sheet here.
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great February as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.