Welcome to our monthly passive income update for Dec 2019. This is part of the scorecard series where I track our dividends and other sources of passive income. I also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the overall progress.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of Dec 2019 was CAD$1,085.21, which comprised of US$386.81 and CAD$582.36 (exchange rate is US$1 = CAD$1.30).
The change for the month is 24.9% QoQ and -1.2% YoY for the month. This brings our passive income to $9,571.24 for the year of 2019 and achieves 119.6% of our annual goal of earning $8K. Woohoo! 🙂
Passive income contributing entities:
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO)
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP.UN.TO)
- Canadian Utilities Ltd (CU.TO)
- Franco Nevada Corp (FNV.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- S&P Global Inc (SPGI)
- Wheaton Precious Metals (WPM.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO EM CAD Hedged Bond ETF (ZEF.TO)
- Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF (BND)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- Vanguard REIT Index ETF (VNQ)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $881.04 and other passive income totaled $204.17.
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- Alphabet Inc (GOOGL)
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP.UN.TO)
- Constellation Software Inc (CSU.TO)
- FirstService Corp (FSV.TO)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO)
In addition, few automated additions were made to various funds.
During the month, we closed our position in
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great December as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.