Welcome to the quarterly update for Q3 2019. This is part of a series where I track our financial progress on a quarterly basis. I present three parts in this series: (i) Investment & Portfolio Update, (ii) Passive Income Update, and (iii) Goals Update.
1. Investment & Portfolio Update
Q3 2019 saw a lot of activity in our portfolio. We added to the following positions.
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO) – DRIP
- Alphabet Inc (GOOGL) *New position*
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO) #1 & #2
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP.UN.TO)
- Canadian Utilities (CU.TO)
- Constellation Software Inc (CSU.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- Ferrari N.V. (RACE)
- S&P Global Inc (SPGI) *New position*
- Twilio Inc (TWLO) *New position*
We closed position in
- B2Gold Corp (BTO.TO)
- Bank of Montreal (BMO.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Origin House (OH.C)
- Sarama Resources (SWA.V)
- Ventas Inc (VTR)
- Various crypto altcoins
We continued adding to index funds as well as shown in the image below.
Q3 saw no dividend increase announcements in our portfolios. The following calendar provides a quick overview of changes in our portfolio.
2. Passive Income Update
During the quarter, we managed to earn a passive income of $2,531.04.
You can read previous quarterly updates here.
3. Goals Update
Onto the goals that I set and see how we did overall on that front.
- Earn $8,000 in annual passive income – On Track
- Passive income YTD is $6,870 (~85% of the goal achieved)
- Continue building Baby R2R’s portfolio – max RESP contribution & atleast two purchases in Nest Egg portfolio – Completed
- Mortgage renewal due in summer 2019 – Completed
- Credit report checkup & fix any errors found – Partially completed
- I completed the check and found some outdated information on the report, which I need to follow up and get it corrected
- Read 25 books – On Track
- Completed 21 books so far in 2019
Stay Connected / Subscribe You can follow Roadmap2Retire on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. Be sure to subscribe to the newsletter to stay on top of the latest investment articles. Click here to subscribe.
That’s all folks! Thanks for reading & be sure to leave a comment below.