Welcome to the quarterly update for Q2 2019. This is part of a series where I track our financial progress on a quarterly basis. I present three parts in this series: (i) Investment & Portfolio Update, (ii) Passive Income Update, and (iii) Goals Update.
1. Investment & Portfolio Update
Q2 2019 saw a some decent activity in our portfolio. We added to the following positions.
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO) – DRIP
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO)
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO)
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP.UN.TO) #1 & #2
- Constellation Software Inc (CSU.TO) *New position*
- EVI Industries (EVI) *New position*
- Ferrari N.V. (RACE) *New position*
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) #1 & #2
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI) – DRIP
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO)
We closed position in
We continued adding to index funds as well as shown in the image below.
Q2 saw 5 dividend increase announcements in our portfolios. The following calendar provides a quick overview of changes in our portfolio.
2. Passive Income Update
During the quarter, we managed earned a passive income of $2,501.02.
You can read previous quarterly updates here.
3. Goals Update
Onto the goals that I set and see how we did overall on that front.
- Earn $8,000 in annual passive income – On Track
- Passive income YTD is $4,339 (~54% of the goal achieved)
- Continue building Baby R2R’s portfolio – max RESP contribution & atleast two purchases in Nest Egg portfolio – On Track
- RESP has been maxed out for the year & one purchase was completed in Q1
- Mortgage renewal due in summer 2019 – Completed
- Credit report checkup & fix any errors found – Partially completed
- I completed the check and found some outdated information on the report, which I need to follow up and get it corrected
- Read 25 books – On Track
- Completed 16 books so far in 2019
Stay Connected / Subscribe You can follow Roadmap2Retire on Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest. Be sure to subscribe to the newsletter to stay on top of the latest investment articles. Click here to subscribe.
That’s all folks! Thanks for reading. Be sure to leave a comment at the bottom – I love to hear from the readers on your thoughts and opinions.