Welcome to our monthly passive income update for June 2019. This is part of the scorecard series where I track our dividends and other sources of passive income. I also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the overall progress.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of June 2019 was CAD$1,059.57, which comprised of US$146.10 and CAD$868.18 (exchange rate is US$1 = CAD$1.31).
The change for the month is 79.46% QoQ and 45.36% YoY for the month. This brings our passive income to $4,339.23 YTD and achieves 54.2% of our annual goal of earning $8K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO)
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP.UN.TO)
- Canadian Utilities Ltd (CU.TO)
- Franco Nevada Corp (FNV.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Wheaton Precious Metals (WPM.TO)
- 15 STO covered calls on B2Gold (BTO.TO) – see details here
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO EM CAD Hedged Bond ETF (ZEF.TO)
- iShares Core Growth ETF Portfolio (XGRO.TO)
- iShares Emerging Market Fundamental Index ETF (CWO.TO)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $1,013.68 and other passive income totaled $45.89. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- iShares Growth Portfolio ETF (XGRO.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund) *DRIP*
- US Equity & International Equity Index Segregated Funds
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great June as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.