Welcome to our monthly passive income update for May 2019. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the overall progress.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of April 2019 was CAD$573.79, which comprised of US$157.37 and CAD$361.34 (exchange rate is US$1 = CAD$1.35).
The change for the month is 12.7% QoQ and -17.4% YoY. This brings our passive income to $3,279.66 YTD and achieves 41% of our annual goal of $8K in passive income.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Bank of Montreal (BMO.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- 3 STO covered call on Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO) – see details here
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO EM CAD Hedged Bond ETF (ZEF.TO)
- Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF (BND)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $506.41 and other passive income totaled $67.38. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
- Algonquin Power & Utilities (AQN.TO) raised dividend by 10%
- Bank of Montreal (BMO.TO) raised dividend by 3%
- Franco Nevada (FNV.TO) raised dividend by 4.2%
- Kirkland Lake Gold (KL.TO) raised dividend by changing payout currency from CAD$ to US$, effectively raising dividend by 35%
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO)
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO)
- Constellation Software (CSU.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ) – purchase #1 & #2
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund) *DRIP*
- US Equity & International Equity Index Segregated Funds
- Vanguard Emerging Market Govt Bond ETF (VWOB)
- iShares Growth ETF Portfolio (XGRO.TO)
- iShares Emerging Markets Fundamentals ETF (CWO.TO) *New position*
You can track the options via a tracking sheet here.
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great May as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.