Welcome to our monthly passive income update for February 2019. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the overall progress.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of February 2019 was CAD$509.07, which comprised of US$185.50 and CAD$266.06 (exchange rate is US$1 = CAD$1.31).
The passive income for the month is -29.8% QoQ and -33.29% YoY for the month. Passive income YTD is $1,247.81, which achieves 15.6% of our annual goal of $8K in passive income.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Bank of Montreal (BMO.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO Emerging Market Bond Hedged to CAD Index ETF (ZEF.TO)
- Vanguard Total Bond Market ETF (BND)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $285.38 and other passive income totaled $223.69. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO) raised dividend by 4.96%
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO) raised its dividend by 6.66%
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners (BIP.UN.TO) raised its dividend by 6.91%
- Toronto Dominion Bank (TD.TO) raised its dividend by 10.44%
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI) *DRIP*
- RNC Minerals (RNX.TO) *New position*
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund) *DRIP*
- US Equity & International Equity Index Segregated Funds
- iShares Growth Portfolio ETF (XGRO.TO) *New position*
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great February as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.