Welcome to our monthly passive income update for November 2018. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the overall progress.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of November 2018 was C$725.36. The passive income for the month comprised of US$135.63 and C$544.97 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.33).
The change for the month is 29.94% QoQ and -25.28% YoY for the month. This brings our passive income to $8,139.81 YTD and achieves 74% of our annual goal of earning $11K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Bank of Montreal (BMO.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- 4x covered calls on Kirkland Lake Gold (KL.TO)
- 2x covered calls on Wheaton Precious Metals (WPM)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO EM CAD Hedged Bond ETF (ZEF.TO)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Cryptocurrency mining
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $445.22 and other passive income totaled $280.14. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- One stock & one ETF – post coming soon
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI) *DRIP*
During the month, we reduced/closed our positions in
- Hive Blockchain Technologies (HIVE.V)
- Index funds, which includes
- BMO S&P TSX Capped Composite Index ETF (TSE:ZCN)
- Vanguard FTSE Global All Cap Ex-Canada ETF (TSE:VXC)
- US Equity Index Segregated Funds
- International Equity Index Segregated Funds
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great November as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.