Welcome to our monthly passive income update for June 2018. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the overall progress.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of March 2018 was CAD$796.25, which comprised of US$340.77 and CAD$346.43 (exchange rate is US$1 = CAD$1.32).
The change for the month is -3.69% QoQ and +17.52% YoY for the month. This brings our passive income to $4,970 YTD and achieves 45.1% of our annual goal of earning $11K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Brookfield Asset Management (BAM.A.TO)
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP.UN.TO)
- Canadian Utilities Ltd (CU.TO)
- Franco Nevada Corp (FNV.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Ventas Inc (VTR)
- Wheaton Precious Metals (WPM & WPM.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO EM CAD Hedged Bond ETF (ZEF.TO)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Affiliate program from BlueHost & Simply Wall St
- Seeking Alpha – 1 new article published
- Cryptocurrency mining
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $388.41 and other passive income totaled $407.84. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund) *DRIP*
- US Equity & International Equity Index Segregated Funds
You can track the options via a tracking sheet here.
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great June as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.