1. Investment & Portfolio Update
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO) – DRIP
- CannaRoyalty (CRZ.C) *New position*
- Franco Nevada Corp (FNV.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) – DRIP
We continued adding to the following funds
- BMO S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF (ZCN.TO)
- Vanguard All-World Ex-Canada Index ETF (VXC.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO Emerging Bond Index ETF (ZEF.TO)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- US Equity Index (Seg) Fund
- Intl Equity Index (Seg) Fund
- Scotia Monthly Income (Mutual) Fund
We reduced/closed the following position
Q1 saw 7 dividend increase announcements in our portfolios. The companies from our portfolios increasing their dividends and details of portfolio changes are summarized below.
2. Passive Income Update
A great quarter on the passive income front. During the quarter, we managed to earn a passive income of $2,454.61 – a new all time high for first quarter passive income.
You can read previous quarterly updates here.
“Other” Passive Income
Passive income that we achieve is split between investments from dividend paying companies and what I call other sources of passive income, which includes cash back rewards credit card, advertising revenue from this blog, interest on cash and writing premium articles for Seeking Alpha. As you can see from the chart below, our other category has performed well. Our passive income from the ‘other’ sources saw continued traction in Q1 2018, providing us with some great overall passive income – which we proceed to invest into stocks and funds to compound our growth.
3. Goals Update
Onto the goals that I set and see how we did overall on that front.
- Earn $11,000 in annual passive income – On track
- Passive Income YTD is $2,454.61 (22.3% achieved)
- Pay down an extra 25% towards our mortgage debt – No progress here, but we are on track to pay some extra amount later this year
- Portfolio rebalancing & diversification focus – No progress here and needs attention.
- More passive investing. Target 60/40 for passive/active
- Rebalance stock portfolio to reduce materials exposure. Target 35%
- Asset class diversification. Reduced equity focus and increased international exposure
Stay Connected / Subscribe
That’s all folks! Thanks for reading. Be sure to leave a comment at the bottom – I love to hear from the readers on your thoughts and opinions.