Welcome to our monthly passive income update for February 2017. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the overall progress.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of Feb 2017 was C$740.01. The passive income for the month comprised of US$250.21 and C$406.48 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.33).
Passive income change is 38.3% QoQ and 18.05% YoY for the month. The passive income YTD is $1,391.65 and achieves 13.9% of our annual goal of earning $10K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI)
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX)
- I wrote 15 covered call option contracts on B2Gold (BTO.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- Vanguard Emerging Market Bond ETF (VWOB)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Affiliate program from BlueHost & Simply Wall St
- Seeking Alpha – 3 new articles published
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $326.25 and other passive income totaled $413.76. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
February saw 4 dividend increase announcements in our portfolio.
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) raised its dividend by 6.67%
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO) raised its dividends by 4.92%
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP.UN.TO) raised its dividend by 11.54%
- Pan American Silver Corp (PAAS.TO) raised its dividend by 100%
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- BMO EM Bond ETF (ZEF.TO)
- US Equity & International Equity Index Segregated Funds
- Vanguard EM Bond ETF (VWOB)
- I wrote 15 covered call option contracts on B2Gold Corp (BTO.TO)
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great February as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from you, the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.