Welcome to our monthly passive income update for September 2016. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the growth of our dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of September 2016 was C$660.30. The passive income for the month comprised of US$353.92 and C$196.66 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.31).
Passive income change is -42.64% QoQ and -4.53% YoY for the month. The passive income YTD is $6,538.33, which achieves 72.64% of our annual goal of earning $9K.
It looks like I am pretty close to the 75% mark, but I will most likely fail to reach my goal of $9K for the year. As most regular readers are aware, I sold off a big part of our portfolio and continue with more sales which drops our forward dividend income. Dividend income plays a big part in our overall passive income sources. I am personally ok with failing to reach this goal for the year, as I wanted to take some money off the table.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP.UN.TO)
- Canadian National Railway (CNR.TO)
- Canadian Utilities Ltd (CU.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Magna International (MG.TO)
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW.TO)
- Ventas Inc (VTR)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Vanguard FTSE All-World Ex-Canada Index ETF (VXC.TO)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Affiliate programs from BlueHost & Simply Wall St
- Seeking Alpha – 3 new articles published
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends and options premium totaled $760.33 and other passive income totaled $390.74. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
September saw no dividend increase announcement in our current holdings.
I added to my positions in
Following positions were closed.
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great September as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.