Welcome to our monthly passive income update for August 2016. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the growth of our dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of August 2016 was C$546.35. The passive income for the month comprised of US$318.63 and C$128.94 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.31).
Passive income change is -11.29% QoQ and -18.91% YoY for the month. The passive income YTD is $5,878.03, which achieves 65.3% of our annual goal of earning $9K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Affiliate program from BlueHost
- Seeking Alpha – 2 new articles published
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $176.68 and other passive income totaled $369.67. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
August saw two dividend increase announcements in our portfolio.
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP)(BIP.UN.TO) raised its dividend by 3.51%
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS) raised its dividend by 2.8%
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) – 1 share DRIPped
- Pan American Silver Corp (PAA.TO)
- US Equity & International Equity Index Segregated Funds
During the month, we closed the following positions in our portfolio
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great August as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from you, the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.