Welcome to our monthly passive income update for July 2016. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the growth of our dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of July 2016 was C$759.31. The passive income for the month comprised of US$282.46 and C$389.29 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.31).
Passive income change is +19.12% QoQ and +6.7% YoY for the month. The passive income YTD is $5,331.69, which achieves 59.24% of our annual goal of earning $9K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO)
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO)
- General Electric (GE)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO)
- One covered call option on The Jean Coutu Group (PJC.A.TO). Strike price: $19.00.
- I wrote a short term covered call which ended up being in-the-money when it expired (July 15, 2016) and the stock was called away.
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF (ZCN.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Affiliate program from BlueHost
- Seeking Alpha – 2 new articles published
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends & options totaled $282.47 and other passive income totaled $476.84. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
July saw two dividend increase announcements in our portfolio.
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) raised its dividend by 3.45%
- Realty Income Corp (O) raised its dividend by 1%
During the month, we added the following position to our portfolio
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO) – 2 shares DRIPped
- B2Gold Corp (BTO.TO) *New Position*
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW.TO)
- US Equity & International Equity Index Segregated Funds – details shared here
During the month, we closed the following position to our portfolio
- The Jean Coutu Group Inc (PJC.A.TO)
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great July as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from you, the readers.
Disclosure: Our full list of holdings is available here.