Welcome to our monthly passive income update for May 2016. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the growth of our dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of May 2016 was C$615.91. The passive income for the month comprised of US$312.35 and C$206.73 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.31).
Passive income change is -1.74% QoQ and -5.04% YoY for the month. The passive income YTD is $3,421.31 achieves 38% of our annual goal of earning $9K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Apple Inc (AAPL)
- AT&T Inc (T)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- Main Street Capital (MAIN)
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- RioCan REIT (REI.UN.TO)
- The Jean Coutu Group (PJC.A.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- I wrote one Jun 17 covered call option on The Jean Coutu Group (PJC.A.TO). Strike price: $20.00
- Advertising revenue from our blogs
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Seeking Alpha – 3 new articles published
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends from stocks and funds + options premium totaled $314.91 and other passive income totaled $301.00. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
May saw dividend increase announcement from the following in our current holdings.
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO) announced a 9.97% raise
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO) announced a 3.85% raise
- Power Corp of Canada (POW.TO) announced a 7.63% raise
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) – 1 share DRIPped
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW.TO) *New Position*
- Pan American Silver Corp (PAA.TO) *New Position*
- US Equity & International Equity Index Segregated Funds – details shared here
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great May as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: My full list of holdings is available here.