Welcome to our monthly passive income update for February 2016. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the growth of our dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of February 2016 was C$626.84. The passive income for the month comprised of US$340.01 and C$167.83 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.35).
Passive income change is -7.15% QoQ (thanks to the dividend cut from KMI) and +24.58% YoY for the month. The passive income YTD achieves 14.50% of our annual goal of earning $9K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Apple Inc (AAPL)
- AT&T Inc (T)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- Main Street Capital (MAIN)
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- RioCan REIT (REI.UN.TO)
- The Jean Coutu Group (PJC.A.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from our blogs
- Interest on cash
- Cashback credit card
- Seeking Alpha – 3 new articles published
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends from stocks and funds totaled $256.85 and other passive income totaled $369.99. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
February saw dividend increase announcement from the following in our current holdings.
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM) announced a 7.14% raise
- BCE Inc (BCE) announced a 5% raise
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP.UN.TO/BIP) announced a 7.55% raise
- Magna International (MG.TO/MGA) announced a 13.64% raise
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD) announced a 7.84% raise
- Thomson Reuters Corp (TRI) announced a 1.49% raise
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO)
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) – 2 shares DRIPped
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX)
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great February as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: My full list of holdings is available here.