Welcome to our monthly passive income update for January 2016. This is part of the scorecard series where we track our dividends and other sources of passive income. We also include changes and updates related to our investments during the month – showing the growth of our dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of January 2016 was C$678.82. The passive income for the month comprised of US$279.63 and C$287.34 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.40).
Passive income change is 1.89% QoQ and 23.65% YoY for the month. The passive income in January achieves 7.5% of our annual goal of earning $9K.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Agrium Inc (AGU.TO)
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO)
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- General Electric (GE)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Main Street Capital (MAIN)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- RioCan REIT (REI.UN.TO)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF (ZCN.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Vanguard FTSE All-World Ex-Canada Index ETF (VXC.TO)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Affiliate program
- Interest on cash
- MBNA Smartcash cashback credit card
- Seeking Alpha – 3 new articles published
The breakdown of our passive income contributing entities: dividends from stocks and funds totaled $268.45 and other passive income totaled $355.10. Read more about why we consider this as passive income in the Passivity Index post.
January saw dividend increase announcement from the following in our current holdings.
- Canadian National Railway (CNR.TO) raised its dividend by 20%
- Canadian Utilities Ltd (CU.TO) raised its dividend by 10.17%
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) raised its dividend by 1.78%
- Realty Income Corp (O) raised its dividend by 3.92%
- Apple Inc (AAPL)
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO) – 1 share DRIPped
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great January as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: My full list of holdings is available here.