In an effort to give back to the community, I have decided to document dividend raises (and cuts/suspensions) announced by companies. I will be updating this document on a regular basis, so you can come back and revisit any time for updates. For each of the raises, I have also included links to the respective announcement.
If you have any feedback and suggestions to improve this resource, feel free to share your thoughts below.
Note that this is not an exhaustive list and I have tried to capture as many as I can. There are more companies out there that have raised dividends.
You can also view the spreadsheet (for a better view) in a new window here.
- Biggest raises seen from Alaska Air (ALK) (37.5%), Tanger Factory Outlet (SKT) (35%), A O Smith (AOS) (26%), Valero Energy (VLO) (20%) and Canadian National Railway (CNR.TO) (20%)
- Three dividend suspensions in the energy market. Husky Energy Inc (one of my former holdings. Am I glad I sold that and dont own this stock anymore!), Pengrowth Energy Corp (PGF.TO) (which had already seen its payout reduced from monthly to quarterly payments and just at C$0.01/share for Q4 2015), and Tidewater Inc. The energy industry continues to face pressure and more dividend cuts/suspensions can be expected as companies burn through their cash reserves in the second year of oil market collapse.
- Midstream and downstream companies are doing well in the energy space seeing some good raises. I was particularly surprised to see a 20% increase from Valero Energy Corp (VLO) and will be taking a closer look at the company in the coming weeks.
- Potash Corp of Saskatchewan (POT) also faces headwinds and a dividend cut was expected after the yield had reached close to 9%. The company cut its dividend by ~35%. The yield is still high for a company in the commodity market that sees continuing pricing pressure, although the CEO has indicated that no more dividend cuts are planned/necessary. We’ll have to wait and see if that works out POT shareholders.
In our portfolio, we received 4 raises from our holdings:
- Canadian Utilities Ltd (CU.TO) raised its dividend by 10.17%
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) raised its dividend by 1.78%
- Realty Income Corp (O) raised its dividend by 3.92%
- Canadian National Railway (CNR.TO/CNI) raised its dividend by 20%
Hope you had a great month. Did you get any dividend raises in January?