Welcome to my monthly passive income update for December 2015. This is part of the scorecard series where I track my dividends and other sources of passive income. I also include changes and updates related to my investment portfolio during the month – showing the growth of my dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of December 2015 was a massive C$914.67 – a new all-time high! 🙂
A nice little pleasant surprise we received on new years eve – I noticed that my wife’s mutual fund holding (Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund) paid out an annual distribution that I wasn’t expecting. The passive income for the month comprised of US$370.06 and C$400.29 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.39). Passive income difference is 32.24% QoQ and 31.01% YoY for the month.
With this, our total passive income for 2015 was an unbelievable $7,840.03!
Passive income contributing entities:
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- Amgen Inc (AMGN)
- Brookfield Infrastructure Partners LP (BIP.UN.TO)
- Canadian National Railway (CNR.TO)
- Canadian Utilities Ltd (CU.TO)
- Care Capital Properties Inc (CCP)
- Chevron Corp (CVX)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Magna International (MG.TO)
- Main Street Capital (MAIN)
- Power Corp of Canada (POW.TO)
- Qualcomm Inc (QCOM)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- RioCan REIT (REI.UN.TO)
- Thomson Reuters (TRI.TO)
- Ventas Inc (VTR)
- Wells Fargo & Co (WFC)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- iShares Canadian Financial Monthly Income Fund (FIE.A.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- MBNA Smartcash cashback credit card
- Seeking Alpha – 3 new articles published
The breakdown of my passive income contributing entities: dividends from stocks and funds totaled $615.27 and other passive income totaled $299.41. Read more about why I consider this as passive income in Passivity Index post.
December saw dividend increase announcement from the following in my current holdings.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN) raised dividend by 26.6%
- AT&T Inc (T) raised dividend by 2.1%
- Realty Income (O) raised dividend by 0.26%
December also saw the first dividend decrease in my portfolio
December was a quiet in our portfolio with no additions or deletions.
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great December as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: My full list of holdings is available here.