Welcome to my monthly passive income update for October 2015. This is part of the scorecard series where I track my dividends and other sources of passive income. I also include changes and updates related to my investment portfolio during the month – showing the growth of my dividends going forward.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of October 2015 was C$666.21 The passive income comprised of US$302.57 and C$269.84 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.31). Passive income difference is -6.38% QoQ (due to worse earnings in the ‘Other’ category) and +13.86% YoY.
With this, my passive income YTD is $6,250.22. As noted at the end of Sep 2015, we have already achieved our annual goal of earning $5,500 in passive income. The income being generated now is extra gravy on the goal and will help us guide towards higher goals next year.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Agrium Inc (AGU.TO)
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO)
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- General Electric (GE)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Main Street Capital (MAIN)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- RioCan REIT (REI.UN.TO)
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO)
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO)
- BMO S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF (ZCN.TO)
- iShares Canadian Financial Monthly Income Fund (FIE.A.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Vanguard FTSE All-World Ex-Canada Index ETF (VXC.TO)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- MBNA Smartcash cashback credit card
- Seeking Alpha – 3 new articles published
The breakdown of my passive income contributing entities: dividends from stocks and funds totaled $257.95 and other passive income totaled $404.52. Read more about why I consider this as passive income in Passivity Index post.
October saw dividend increase announcement from the following in my current holdings.
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI) raised its dividend by 4.08%
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) raised its dividend by 1.81%
- Starbucks Corp (SBUX) raised its dividend by 25%
In addition, a special dividend of $0.275 per share was announced by Main Street Capital (MAIN) for the second half of 2015.
October was a really busy month in my portfolio with more than usualy amount of purchases. We initiated/added to the following stocks
- Algonquin Power & Utilities Corp (AQN.TO) – 1 share DRIPped
- Ventas Inc (VTR)
That’s all folks! Hope you had a great October as well. Be sure to share your thoughts, comments or concerns below. I love hearing from the readers.
Disclosure: My full list of holdings is available here.