Chatter Around the World is a curated weekly update of articles related to economics, investing, dividends and personal finance. In these weekly updates, I also capture my blog updates and news related to my portfolio holdings.
Image Source: FactSet
New Blog Posts
Let’s dive into the links that caught my attention this week.
Updates from My Portfolio Holdings
- [AAPL] Apple FQ3 EPS of $1.85 beats by $0.04; Revenue of $49.61B (+32.5% Y/Y) beats by $300M; Expects FQ4 revenue of $49B-$51B, below a $51.1B consensus; 47.5M iPhones (slightly below expectations). 10.9M iPads (in-line), 4.8M Macs (near expectations).
- [AMGN] Amgen’s Repatha cleared in Europe
- [AMGN] FDA Approves Kyprolis® (carfilzomib) For Combination Use In The Treatment Of Patients With Relapsed Multiple Myeloma
- [CNR.TO, CNI] Canadian National Q2 EPS of C$1.15 (beats by C$0.10); Revenue of C$3.13B (+0.3% Y/Y) misses by C$40M
- [QCOM] Qualcomm (NASDAQ:QCOM): FQ3 EPS of $0.99 beats by $0.04; Revenue of $5.83B (-14.4% Y/Y) misses by $20M; Expects FQ4 revenue of $4.7B-$5.7B and EPS of $0.75-$0.95, below a consensus of $6.13B and $1.08.
- [QCOM] Qualcomm Announces Strategic Realignment Plan, laying off 15% workforce
- [T] FCC confirms approval of AT&T-DirecTV deal
- [T] AT&T Q2 EPS of $0.69 beats by $0.06; revenue of $33.01B (+1.3% Y/Y) in-line
- [VTR] Ventas Q2 FFO of $1.18 beats by $0.02; revenue of $891.32M (+18.6% Y/Y) beats by $20.1M; Full-year normalized FFO guidance is boosted to $4.70-$4.76, or 5-6% growth from 2014. Guidance includes pending acquisition of Ardent, but does not take into account the upcoming spinoff of Care Capital. Same-store cash NOI growth of 2.5-3.5% in unchanged.
- Benjamin Graham’s Defensive Versus Enterprising Investor Performance Over The Dismal Decade of 2000-2009 from Wendl Financial
- How Contributions Affect Your Rate of Return by Canadian Couch Potato
- Market Timing Is Not Appropriate For Retired Investors by Chuck Carnevale via SA
- My 3 Loyal Sons: How A Wacky Idea Inspired My Sons To Invest In Stocks by DivGro via SA — This article spoke a lot to me. It’s something that I dream of doing in the future…and was really great to see that FerdiS is getting his sons started on the path of investing. Kudos to FerdiS and his sons!
- Q2 Earnings Season: Revenue Weakness Stands Out from Zacks
- Shouldn’t The Joneses Be Keeping Up With Us? by Dividend Mantra
- The Problem With Bond Indexing by A Wealth of Common Sense
- Why An ETF Can’t Collapse Part II from ETFDB
- Why Precision and Investing Don’t Mix from Time
- 3 High Quality Dividend Growth Stocks for the Next 20 Years by Sure Dividend
- 5 Attractive Long-Term Dividend Growth Stocks by Dividend Yield
- A Winning Investment Strategy by Dividend Growth Stocks
- Belgian government hitting dividend investors with tax hike by Dividends Are Coming
- Best States to Live in for Dividend Taxes by Dividend Ladder
- Four Attractively Valued Dividend Challengers by My Dividend Growth
- How taxes on dividends differ from Morningstar
- Sector Allocations for Dividend Growth Investors by Dividend Growth Investor
Dividend Stock Analysis
- [ACE] ACE Limited Dividend Stock Analysis by Dividend Growth Investor
- [BEI.UN.TO] [REI.UN.TO] BoardWalk Vs Rio Can by The Dividend Guy Blog
- [EMR] Emerson Electric Stock Analysis by Dividend Diplomats
- [CM] CIBC Dividend Stock Analysis by Roadmap2Retire via SA
- [CSX] CSX Corp Dividend Stock Analysis by Roadmap2Retire via SA
- [HCP] HCP Inc Dividend Stock Analysis by Dividend Growth Stocks
- [HRL] Hormel: 49 Consecutive Years of Dividend Increases & Counting by Sure Dividend
- [JCI] Johnson Controls Inc Dividend Stock Analysis by Dividend Growth Stocks
- [NOV] National Oilwell Varco Dividend Stock Analysis by Div4Son
- [PEP] Building An Empire With PepsiCo Inc. by Passive Income Pursuit via SA
Have a wonderful weekend!
Have Roadmap2Retire delivered to your inbox by subscribing to this mailing list. You will receive daily digest emails only when new articles are published. Your email confidentiality is guaranteed and will never be shared with 3rd party spammers. You will also be able to unsubscribe anytime. Click here to subscribe.