Welcome to my monthly passive income update for February 2015. This is part of the series where I track my dividends and other sources of passive income.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of Feb 2015 was C$503.18. The passive income comprised of US$278.21 and C$155.42 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.25).
My passive income YTD is $1,052.16, which achieves 19.13% of my annual goal of earning $5,500 in passive income. I am extremely excited to have crossed the $1K mark in two months and am already dreaming of hitting $1K per month 🙂
Passive income contributing entities:
- Apple Inc (AAPL)
- AT&T (T)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI)
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- RioCan REIT (REI.UN.TO)
- BMO Equal Weight Utilities Index ETF (ZUT.TO)
- iShares Canadian Financial Monthly Income Fund (FIE.A.TO)
- Scotia Diversified Monthly Income Fund (mutual fund)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- MBNA Smartcash cashback credit card
- Seeking Alpha – 2 new articles published
The breakdown of my passive income contributing entities is: dividends from stocks and funds totaled $249.47 and other passive income totaled $253.71. Read more about why I consider this a passive income in Passivity Index post.
February saw dividend increase announcement from the following in my current holdings.
- [ADM] Archer Daniels Midland raised its dividend by 16.6%
- [BCE] BCE Inc raised its dividend by 5.3%
- [MAIN] Main Street Capital raised its dividend by 2.9%
- [MG.TO] Magna International raised its dividend by 16% (and announced a stock split 2:1)
- [TRI] Thomson Reuters raised its dividend by 1.5%
Over the course of the month, I added to the following securities to my portfolio.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN) – New Position
- Kinder Morgan Inc (KMI) – 1 share DRIPped
- Omega Healthcare Investors Inc (OHI) – 1 share DRIPped
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN) – New position
- Toronto-Dominion Bank (TD.TO) – New position
We initiated new positions in my wife’s portfolio. Details about the ETF portfolio and the combined strategy can be found here.
- BMO S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF (ZCN.TO) *New position*
- Vanguard FTSE All World Ex-Canada Index ETF (VXC.TO) *New position*
- BMO Aggregate Bond Index ETF (ZAG.TO) *New position*
Our full list of holdings is available here.