Welcome to my monthly passive income update for January 2015. This is part of the series where I track my dividends and other sources of passive income. In addition, I also discuss my portfolio updates including dividend increase announcements from my holdings.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of January 2015 was C$548.98. The passive income comprised of US$260.24 and C$223.68 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.25). My passive income took a big jump, in addition to my portfolio value and net worth thanks to the falling Loonie and the fact that I invested a lot in the US companies while the Canadian dollar was on par.
This is the first step towards my annual goal of achieving $5,500 in 2015 in passive income. The amount earned in January achieves 9.9% of the goal.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Agrium Inc (AGU.TO)
- Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS.TO)
- BCE Inc (BCE.TO)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- General Electric Company (GE)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Medtronic Inc (MDT)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- RioCan REIT (REI.UN.TO)
- iShares Canadian Financial Monthly Income ETF (FIE.A.TO)
- BMO Equal Weight Utilities Index ETF (ZUT.TO)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- MBNA Smartcash cashback credit card
- Seeking Alpha – 1 new article published
The breakdown of my passive income contributing entities is: dividends from stocks and funds totaled $193.88 and other passive income totaled $355.10. Read more about why I consider the “other” category as passive income in Passivity Index post.
January saw dividend increase announcement from the following in my current holdings.
- [CNR.TO] Canadian National raised its dividend by 25%
- [KMI] Kinder Morgan raised its dividend by 2.27%
- [O] Realty Income raised its dividend by 3%
- [OHI] Omega Healthcare Investors Inc raised its dividend by 1.92%
I added to the following position in my portfolio
My full list of holdings is available here.