Welcome to my monthly passive income update for December 2014. This is part of the series where I track my dividends and other sources of passive income.
Passive Income Update
Passive income for the month of December 2014 was C$698.16. Thanks to an annual payout from my wife’s mutual fund holding, December 2014 has turned out to be the best month ever!! The passive income comprised of US$193.56 and C$473.63 (exchange rate is US$1 = C$1.16).
Our total passive income for the year of 2014 is $5,133.33, which is much higher than the original annual goal of $4,000 in passive income that I had set. I suppose I hugely underestimated that number. Over the course of the year, our total dividend income totaled $2,926.98 and “other” passive income totaled $2,206.35.
Passive income contributing entities:
- Archer Daniels Midland (ADM)
- Canadian National Railway (CNR.TO)
- Chevron Corp (CVX)
- Cineplex Inc (CGX.TO)
- Inter Pipeline Ltd (IPL.TO)
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ)
- Magna International (MG.TO)
- Qualcomm Inc (QCOM)
- Realty Income Corp (O)
- RioCan REIT (REI.UN.TO)
- Thomson Reuters Corp (TRI)
- BMO Equal Weight Utilities Index ETF (ZUT.TO)
- Advertising revenue from this blog
- Interest on cash
- MBNA Smartcash cashback credit card
- Seeking Alpha – 3 new articles published
My “other” passive income has grown due to the popularity of the new articles published. The breakdown of my passive income contributing entities is: dividends from stocks and funds totaled $428.01 and other passive income totaled $270.15. Read more about why I consider this a passive income in Passivity Index post.
December saw dividend increase announcement from the following in my current holdings.
- AT&T (T) raised its dividend by 2.2%
- General Electric (GE) raised its dividends by 4.5%
- Realty Income (O) raised its dividends by 0.17%
None. I did not add or delete any positions in my portfolio during the month of December.
My full list of holdings is available here.