The year is almost over and what better time for a 2014 review. Its time to reflect on how things progressed and look back at the goals and what was achieved and missed during the year. In addition, I present reviews for my investments and the blog.
1. Goals Review
- Earn $4,000 in annual passive income Achieved!
- We were able to crush this goal and are close to achieving $5K in passive income. The final number will be posted on the blog in the coming days. We achieved this goal in early November.
- Buy a house Achieved!
- After a lot of debating on when and where to buy, we are now proud home owners. We bought our house in May and moved into it in July.
- Re-balance portfolio with my wife’s portfolio integrated Failed!
- This is a work item that we haven’t been able to complete and hope to finish it in the new year.
- Sell all my positions in mutual funds and cut down on the fees Partially Achieved!
- I sold all my mutual funds in April, but my wife’s account continues to own some expensive mutual funds.
- Read and review more books Partially Achieved!
- This is one work item I am not pleased with. Even though I read and reviewed some interesting books, there are a lot more books that I started and haven’t finished. I hope to clean up my act in 2015 and beyond.
- Write atleast 6 premium articles for Seeking Alpha Achieved!
- I was able to crush this goal with 17 premium SA articles published.