- Advertising via Google Adsense on this blog – albeit measly for now, I am already starting to see a little trickle.
- MBNA Smartcash Mastercard – I used to have the Aeroplan card for which I was paying $120 annual fee and I was not happy with the points-to-flight conversion on Air Canada (its usually better to fly on other Star Alliance partners, in my opinion). I decided to get rid of this card moreso to get rid of the $120 expense and get a free card with a cash-back reward instead.
Passive income for the month of Jun 2013 was $220.86 – another all time high, this time crossing the $200 mark 🙂
Passive income contributing entities:
- Archer Daniels Midland
- CHS Inc
- Inter Pipeline Fund
- RioCan REIT
- The Southern Company
- Thomson Reuters
- Wells Fargo
- iShares 1-5 Yr Laddered Government Bond Fund (CLF)
- Claymore S&P US Dividend Growers ETF (CUD)
- iShares Canadian Financial Monthly Income Fund (FIE.A)
- Consumer Staples Select Sector SPDR (XLP)
- BMO Equal Weight Utilities Index ETF (ZUT)
- A mutual fund yielding approx 6%
- Advertising revenues from this blog
- MBNA Smartcash
My YTD dividend income is now at $899.97
The recent pullback in the market gave me the opportunity that I was waiting for – to add some new stocks and ETFs to my holdings. I added three new positions this month – Qualcomm (QCOM), Vanguard US Total Market Index ETF CAD Hedged (VUS) and BMO S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index ETF (ZCN).
- QCOM designs, manufactures and markets digital wireless telecom products and services. Qualcomm is a leader in chipsets manufactured and used in majority of the world’s smartphones and tablets. A thorough dividend stock analysis at Dividend Engineering last month sheds more light on the financials.
- VUS is a broad ETF which tracks the CRSP US Total Market Index and is CAD hedged for extra currency protection. VUS is the same as Vanguard Total Stock Market ETF (VTI) that trades on the NYSEArca, but VUS trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange and is CAD Hedged. VUS has a huge holding of 3,317 US companies and a low MER of 0.17%. I started off with a very small position and intend to add to this position in the future when there is a pullback.
- ZCN tracks the S&P/TSX Capped Composite Index. The ETF tracks the Canadian equity market closely and is broader than other ETFs in the market with a holding of 238 companies. The ETF has a 0.17% MER and currently yields 2.76%. I started off with a very small position and intend to add to this position in the future.
Disclaimer: The information provided here is for educational purposes only. All opinions here are my personal opinions and should not be taken as financial advice. I am not qualified to be a financial advisor. Always consult with your financial advisor before investing in any of the companies mentioned on this blog.